The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for helping us secure our infrastructure, detecting emerging threats, and helping with investigation and resolution of cyber events and incidents within RunBuggy (RB).
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ relevant experience as a Cyber Security Analyst, A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification is preferred. This person would has demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security Analyst principles and domains, predominantly vulnerability management.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Health &Wellness Program, community involvement and company paid vacation and holidays.
• Assess vulnerabilities during the Secure SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle) and provide recommended fixes.
• Aid in responding to all system and/or network security events and incidents.
• Help to ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
• Participate in testing and identifying network, system, and application vulnerabilities.
• Identify threats and develop suitable defense measures, evaluate system changes for security implications, and recommend enhancements.
• Support 1st level security incident response efforts.
• Assist with maintaining and updating the incident response policy, plan, procedures, and playbooks.
• Review and maintain configurations for cloud-based security systems including monitoring tools such as GuardDuty and CloudWatch.
• Assist with the configuration of network security architectures, including firewalls, ACLs (Access Control Lists), web content filters and Demilitarized Zones (DMZ).
• Observe and respond to IDS (Intrusion Detection System) cues and security alerts.
• Assist with one-off IT projects and implementations.
• Experienced as a security analyst supporting vulnerability management processes and incident response teams in a cloud environment, such as AWS.
• Experience with managing security configurations and security software in a cloud environment, including application security and encryption technologies.
• Knowledge of the latest trends and awareness of current hacking techniques and cybercrime.
• Understanding of secure network architectures including, subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, and other network routing methods.
• Experience with advanced persistent threats, phishing and social engineering, NAC (network access controllers), gateway anti-malware and enhanced authentication.
• Familiarity with cyber security frameworks such as NIST CSF.
• Attention to detail, QA skills, the ability to “think forward,” adept at problem solving and addressing issues and complications before they expand.
Education and/or Experience:
• Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security Analyst principles and domains, predominantly vulnerability management.
• 2+ years’ relevant experience as a Cyber Security Analyst.
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• Professional certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) are preferred.